I am a bitter hag
Ugh. It's true. I am turning into a bitter hag.
NO! I wasn't one before - shut up!
*sigh*
Adam just called and told me that he talked to our neighbors as he was leaving to go give the DMV money that we don't have and they are packing up the car and headed out to Gulf Shores for the weekend - sans children!!
Lucky, lucky them!! I tell you what - if there is anyone that needs a vacation and a break from it all - it's our neighbors!!
*recognize severe sarcasm when you read it, please*
I really like our neighbors, don't get me wrong. BUT, their kids aren't home a whole lot anyway. The lady across the street keeps them during the day and most weekends, too because the kids are so accustomed to being over there that they beg their mom to go over there. Their kids are in bed by 7:30 - sound asleep - and got that way by themselves, I'm sure! Our neighbors yard is immaculate because they are working in it most weekends ...well, because they aren't chasing kids around. Their house is pretty much spotless cause the dad works at home during the day so he keeps it picked up because ... well, the kids aren't there!!
and now this.
The MIL is keeping their kids while they are away and she doesn't even live here in town! She's driving down to pick them up and driving them back when they get back. Isn't that nice? Wouldn't it be nice to have a mother-in-law or a MOTHER for that matter to do that for you?
We have family here. We live here so we can be close to family. We ARE however lacking in family availability. I can't remember the last time that Adam and I went out somewhere alone. Last year for our anniversary, we went out to eat but Olivia joined us. We have gone to movies, museums, vacations, errands, excursions, etc. ---everything WITH children!!
When I went to my grandmother's funeral last month, someone made the comment that this was the first time that they had seen us without one of the kids with us. Nice. It takes a death to get us somewhere alone. Together.
WHERE is this family that is around so that we can get a break!?! Is it too much to ask for me to be able to spend some time with my husband. Even if we just went to a bookstore and sat and talked. OH! Okay, I do remember we did get to do that about six months ago and that was because the place we WERE going was closed.
The only person that we can count on to watch the kids is my dad. But, I feel bad asking him to watch them and not asking anyone else. Even when we do ask him, it's not for very long. Sometimes, my brother and his girlfriend will say "yes" but they are out of town often.
Tomorrow is Adam's birthday. I BEGGED my mother in law to watch the kids so we could go out to eat. She told me she would have to get back to me.
I am a bitter hag.
NO! I wasn't one before - shut up!
*sigh*
Adam just called and told me that he talked to our neighbors as he was leaving to go give the DMV money that we don't have and they are packing up the car and headed out to Gulf Shores for the weekend - sans children!!
Lucky, lucky them!! I tell you what - if there is anyone that needs a vacation and a break from it all - it's our neighbors!!
*recognize severe sarcasm when you read it, please*
I really like our neighbors, don't get me wrong. BUT, their kids aren't home a whole lot anyway. The lady across the street keeps them during the day and most weekends, too because the kids are so accustomed to being over there that they beg their mom to go over there. Their kids are in bed by 7:30 - sound asleep - and got that way by themselves, I'm sure! Our neighbors yard is immaculate because they are working in it most weekends ...well, because they aren't chasing kids around. Their house is pretty much spotless cause the dad works at home during the day so he keeps it picked up because ... well, the kids aren't there!!
and now this.
The MIL is keeping their kids while they are away and she doesn't even live here in town! She's driving down to pick them up and driving them back when they get back. Isn't that nice? Wouldn't it be nice to have a mother-in-law or a MOTHER for that matter to do that for you?
We have family here. We live here so we can be close to family. We ARE however lacking in family availability. I can't remember the last time that Adam and I went out somewhere alone. Last year for our anniversary, we went out to eat but Olivia joined us. We have gone to movies, museums, vacations, errands, excursions, etc. ---everything WITH children!!
When I went to my grandmother's funeral last month, someone made the comment that this was the first time that they had seen us without one of the kids with us. Nice. It takes a death to get us somewhere alone. Together.
WHERE is this family that is around so that we can get a break!?! Is it too much to ask for me to be able to spend some time with my husband. Even if we just went to a bookstore and sat and talked. OH! Okay, I do remember we did get to do that about six months ago and that was because the place we WERE going was closed.
The only person that we can count on to watch the kids is my dad. But, I feel bad asking him to watch them and not asking anyone else. Even when we do ask him, it's not for very long. Sometimes, my brother and his girlfriend will say "yes" but they are out of town often.
Tomorrow is Adam's birthday. I BEGGED my mother in law to watch the kids so we could go out to eat. She told me she would have to get back to me.
I am a bitter hag.


3 Comments:
At 12:47 PM,
Terri said…
Oh I can so relate to this. My Mom lives in town but asking her to babysit is like asking her to oh, I don't know....show an interest in her grandkids. *rolleyes* Don't get me started. Just wanted to offer a big HUG
At 12:15 PM,
Anonymous said…
I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! Marshall chevrolet dealer Manufacturers of ionamin Vr3 infrared cordless stereo headphones samantha fox lesbian vacuum cleaners Personal financial planning workbook Valtrex side effects alcohol interaction France rental cars custom kitchen islands
At 3:38 AM,
Anonymous said…
This is very interesting site... Effects side zyban Milf cuck
Post a Comment
<< Home