Happy Birthday to .... aw, screw it.
Yea. Yea. So what. It's that day again.
Remember when you were a kid and your birthday was such a BIG deal? Seems like as soon as it was over, you couldn't WAIT for it to be "your day" again. The planning and the picking out the cake and the *theme* and such - boy, what fun!!
Now? Now it is just kinda there. It's just another day that just means you are older than you were the day before. Woo.
Woke up this morning with the cramps and had to get up and take my brother and his girlfriend to the airport so THEY could go to Vegas. Now how FAIR is THAT?!?! NOT VERY! So, it was looking like it was gonna be somewhat of a bummer day.
However, the mail came! I received a box from Mary Kay that I knew I hadn't ordered and wondered with the heck was going on. Here's what the letter enclosed said .....
Congratulations! You're one of the lucky winners from the Win a Miracle for your Skin sweepstakes in Parents magazine! Enclosed is your very own, customized Miracle set, Mary Kay's age-fighting skin care collection including:
* TimeWise 3-in-1 cleanser
* TimeWise Age-fighting moisturizer
* TimeWise Day/Night solution
* TimeWise Foundation (that I have to send a card back - postage paid - saying what kind and what shade I want and then they send it to me!)
I looked in the enclosed catalog and it's valued at $105.00! There are 5 different things in all. I really don't wear Mary Kay but have tried it a couple of times and I had totally forgotten that I had entered this contest - along with a few others from time to time ..... But, COME ON!! It's FREE!!
THEN, I received an email from my friend, Courtney and she and her boyfriend (who is also a VERY good friend of ours) just returned from a trip to Paris. Yes, I should be quite jealous and I really am but the good news is that they are ENGAGED!! Oh, Kenny - you sneaky-pete - taking her off to romance-land and proposing. *sigh* I couldn't be more happy for two people if I tried. They are both wonderful friends, wonderful people and they deserve the very best! Thankfully, I believe they have found it.
So, the day was looking up!!
But alas, currently two of my three children are crying and somewhat whiny so it looks like the day may be on a bit of a backslide but Adam is now home from work and he's trying to reel them back in while I have a breather. He's taking care of business while I type this and then I'm off to look at my new US magazine (it WAS a good mail day!). Later on, we'll be going out to the restaurant of my choice.
Now that I think about it, I guess it's not such a bad day afterall.
Remember when you were a kid and your birthday was such a BIG deal? Seems like as soon as it was over, you couldn't WAIT for it to be "your day" again. The planning and the picking out the cake and the *theme* and such - boy, what fun!!
Now? Now it is just kinda there. It's just another day that just means you are older than you were the day before. Woo.
Woke up this morning with the cramps and had to get up and take my brother and his girlfriend to the airport so THEY could go to Vegas. Now how FAIR is THAT?!?! NOT VERY! So, it was looking like it was gonna be somewhat of a bummer day.
However, the mail came! I received a box from Mary Kay that I knew I hadn't ordered and wondered with the heck was going on. Here's what the letter enclosed said .....
Congratulations! You're one of the lucky winners from the Win a Miracle for your Skin sweepstakes in Parents magazine! Enclosed is your very own, customized Miracle set, Mary Kay's age-fighting skin care collection including:
* TimeWise 3-in-1 cleanser
* TimeWise Age-fighting moisturizer
* TimeWise Day/Night solution
* TimeWise Foundation (that I have to send a card back - postage paid - saying what kind and what shade I want and then they send it to me!)
I looked in the enclosed catalog and it's valued at $105.00! There are 5 different things in all. I really don't wear Mary Kay but have tried it a couple of times and I had totally forgotten that I had entered this contest - along with a few others from time to time ..... But, COME ON!! It's FREE!!
THEN, I received an email from my friend, Courtney and she and her boyfriend (who is also a VERY good friend of ours) just returned from a trip to Paris. Yes, I should be quite jealous and I really am but the good news is that they are ENGAGED!! Oh, Kenny - you sneaky-pete - taking her off to romance-land and proposing. *sigh* I couldn't be more happy for two people if I tried. They are both wonderful friends, wonderful people and they deserve the very best! Thankfully, I believe they have found it.
So, the day was looking up!!
But alas, currently two of my three children are crying and somewhat whiny so it looks like the day may be on a bit of a backslide but Adam is now home from work and he's trying to reel them back in while I have a breather. He's taking care of business while I type this and then I'm off to look at my new US magazine (it WAS a good mail day!). Later on, we'll be going out to the restaurant of my choice.
Now that I think about it, I guess it's not such a bad day afterall.


1 Comments:
At 7:46 AM,
Anonymous said…
Where did you find it? Interesting read »
Post a Comment
<< Home