good gravy

Rants, raves and reviews of the happenings in and around my life.

Friday, March 18, 2005

Mommy to the rescue!

I don't like bugs. I know ... I know .... how "eight" of me but I don't. Well, spiders don't bother me much. Adam and I pretty much have an agreement that I'll squish the spiders as long as he will pretty much take care of all the other bugs about the house - ESPECIALLY roaches. Yikes!!

Marty the bug man usually comes every month - well, he's supposed to but ever since Marty got married, he's been slacking a bit. He and his wife are trying to get pregnant so I guess he's busy doing "other" things. They have been trying for a bit and he just can't wait and hopes that they do. He just loves kids so much. He would like a whole houseful of them. Yep, Marty and I are this close )(.

So, imagine my surprise - errrr...distress - when Emme came running up to me yelling "Mommy! A bug! A bug!". Sure enough, a roach. A BIG one, at that! eek! Just the other day, I had a big one make a sufficient enough amount of noise to make me run from the back bathroom after having stopped mid-stream and was yelling for Adam to come do his "job".

What to do? What to do!? Do I run squealing around the room, suffering from the heebie-jeebies like I have been known to do or do I become "Super-Mommy" and squish that sucker?! Well, I didn't have much time to think cause that sucker was moving fast! I threw on a shoe and was psyching myself up when I could hear my little cheerleader - "You go get him, Mommy! Are you gonna make him dead? Are you gonna get him, Mommy?"

That's right. Mommy's gonna get him!!

"Make him dead, Mommy! GO! GO!"

And that I did!

I even followed through with the process! I went and got a paper towel to scoop the carcass up. Why is that the WORST part of it - can you tell me?? Ugh.

BUT, before I could commence to scooping, Emme said "Is he dead, Mommy? Can I see? Can I see?".
My brave girl. My brave self! Mommy to the rescue, indeed!

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home