Little house of horrors
It all started Tuesday morning. It was finally a nice day outside. Not too cold, no rain in sight, the sun was even peeking through the clouds a bit and then IT happened.
Emme threw up.
Thus started what is seeming like an endless cycle of - sorry for the TMI factor and my bluntness - puke and poo.
It has been HORRIBLE!!!
Emme had it first for about 2 days. She handled it like a trooper. Thinking about it now, Emme and Olivia have handled it better than any other person here. Maybe they don't have life's knowledge of what is happening next or something? I don't know. She would spit up and then be okay for about 2 hours and then spit up again. Then she would poo. Then she would be okay for a bit so I would offer her something to drink and then she would start to spit up again.
on and on and on ........
THEN, I started feeling woozy. I didn't know if it was psychological or if I truly were going to be sick. I stifled it for as long as I could. Around 7:00 in the evening on Wednesday - it hit me. About every 2-3 hours throughout the night - puke and poo. Once at the same time. YES! YES! I know....I know....sorry!! But, it did. (it's not as bad as my nephews tale of woe involving puking, onions and his nose. TRUST ME! You DON'T want to hear it. *gack*)
Now, people who know me KNOW that I am a puker. Not proud of it but also not ashamed. It is what it is. I have also had 3 children and therefore varying degrees of morning sickness. But, let me tell you - this - THIS has FAR surpassed any pukage that I have encountered in the past. THIS was the KING of puke. My back and my gut are still sore from the retching.
As I crawled back into bed, probably around 3 a.m. - I heard Olivia. UGH!!! She's PUKING!!! Poor baby proceeded to puke about 3 or 4 times during the night. So, not only was I getting up with my own problems - now I had Olivia to contend with, too. Adam woke several times as well to various disgusting sounds about the house, I'm sure.
Thursday, Adam took Sophie to school and in to work for just a bit and then came home to tend to children while I tried to rest. Emme spit up again that morning but only once or twice. Olivia seemed to feel pretty good at that point - but still with the poo - but we weren't taking any chances. Clear liquids and a cracker every now in then was the food of choice. Yum.
Thursday evening - yep, you guessed it. ADAM started puking and OH. MY. GOD. I think the neighbors could hear him going at it. Let's just say that he puts his ALL into his work. *yikes!*
This morning, we wake up to Sophie calling out to us from her room - I don't even have to tell you.
And do I even have to talk about the poo? OH. MY. GOD. THE POO!! Horrible, horrible poo!! This poo could be a WMD (weapon of mass destruction) - I kid you not. HORRIBLE!
I have really felt sorry for the kids cause I KNOW what they are going through. I KNOW how bad it hurts and there is nothing I can do about it. No matter how many times Sophie tells me (and trust me - it is MANY!) that her tummy hurts. There is nothing.
Guess the good thing (if there is one) that can be said about this is that now it has made it's way through each and every one of us so hopefully - it is GONE!! I have done more laundry in the last 3 days than I do all month and that is A LOT for a house of 5! We have been living on grits, crackers, chicken soup, plain noodles, and popsicles but we seem to be making it. Lysol is now my best friend and my hands are raw from washing them so often. Also, I lost 3 pounds. Way to kickstart that old diet, eh?
*sigh*
Emme threw up.
Thus started what is seeming like an endless cycle of - sorry for the TMI factor and my bluntness - puke and poo.
It has been HORRIBLE!!!
Emme had it first for about 2 days. She handled it like a trooper. Thinking about it now, Emme and Olivia have handled it better than any other person here. Maybe they don't have life's knowledge of what is happening next or something? I don't know. She would spit up and then be okay for about 2 hours and then spit up again. Then she would poo. Then she would be okay for a bit so I would offer her something to drink and then she would start to spit up again.
on and on and on ........
THEN, I started feeling woozy. I didn't know if it was psychological or if I truly were going to be sick. I stifled it for as long as I could. Around 7:00 in the evening on Wednesday - it hit me. About every 2-3 hours throughout the night - puke and poo. Once at the same time. YES! YES! I know....I know....sorry!! But, it did. (it's not as bad as my nephews tale of woe involving puking, onions and his nose. TRUST ME! You DON'T want to hear it. *gack*)
Now, people who know me KNOW that I am a puker. Not proud of it but also not ashamed. It is what it is. I have also had 3 children and therefore varying degrees of morning sickness. But, let me tell you - this - THIS has FAR surpassed any pukage that I have encountered in the past. THIS was the KING of puke. My back and my gut are still sore from the retching.
As I crawled back into bed, probably around 3 a.m. - I heard Olivia. UGH!!! She's PUKING!!! Poor baby proceeded to puke about 3 or 4 times during the night. So, not only was I getting up with my own problems - now I had Olivia to contend with, too. Adam woke several times as well to various disgusting sounds about the house, I'm sure.
Thursday, Adam took Sophie to school and in to work for just a bit and then came home to tend to children while I tried to rest. Emme spit up again that morning but only once or twice. Olivia seemed to feel pretty good at that point - but still with the poo - but we weren't taking any chances. Clear liquids and a cracker every now in then was the food of choice. Yum.
Thursday evening - yep, you guessed it. ADAM started puking and OH. MY. GOD. I think the neighbors could hear him going at it. Let's just say that he puts his ALL into his work. *yikes!*
This morning, we wake up to Sophie calling out to us from her room - I don't even have to tell you.
And do I even have to talk about the poo? OH. MY. GOD. THE POO!! Horrible, horrible poo!! This poo could be a WMD (weapon of mass destruction) - I kid you not. HORRIBLE!
I have really felt sorry for the kids cause I KNOW what they are going through. I KNOW how bad it hurts and there is nothing I can do about it. No matter how many times Sophie tells me (and trust me - it is MANY!) that her tummy hurts. There is nothing.
Guess the good thing (if there is one) that can be said about this is that now it has made it's way through each and every one of us so hopefully - it is GONE!! I have done more laundry in the last 3 days than I do all month and that is A LOT for a house of 5! We have been living on grits, crackers, chicken soup, plain noodles, and popsicles but we seem to be making it. Lysol is now my best friend and my hands are raw from washing them so often. Also, I lost 3 pounds. Way to kickstart that old diet, eh?
*sigh*


2 Comments:
At 5:18 PM,
Terri said…
YIKES!!! We're going through the same thing here. The kids are now over it..pretty sure I'll be next. DAMN IT!!!
Glad you guys are on the mend.
At 10:05 AM,
James said…
Holy moly, there's a whole lotta pukink goin' on.
Post a Comment
<< Home